Friday 23 August 2024

Cultural Radar (1)

Most mornings, first thing I do is to read The Guardian newspaper with a cup of tea. I usually scan the headlines to see if anything important or interesting has happened in the world, and then I go to the sports's page to read about football. Later in the day, when I have more time, I go back and read other parts of the newspaper that may interest me. I've been reading The Guardian since I was about 18 and although the journalism has become a little "comic like" at times, it's still my favourite way on staying in the know.

Today, I'd like to use a Guardian idea as an inspiration for today's blog post. First, I'd like you to read an article on cultural recommendations given by a well-known person (well, in the UK at least).

Click on the Guardian "On My Radar" link here: 

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/series/on-my-radar

Scroll down to the end of the article and select an article to read (by someone you have heard of or think might be interesting).

The first part of your post will be about what you read:

Say:

Who's cultural snapshot you read,

Which aspects of culture they talked about,

Which of the things they talked about you found most interesting and why.

In the second part of your post, you need to write about 5 things that are on your cultural radar at the moment (this can be from any media - video, webpage, song, film, art show, artist, building, tv show, anime, theatre, book, place, etc.).

Try to write at least 30 words for each thing you write about. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of a least 3 classmates.

I'm going to write my own On My Radar post today in class, and your homework is to read it and leave a comment:)

3 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for your Cultural Radar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting how despite the changes in journalistic style, it is still the preferred way to stay informed

    ReplyDelete
  3. This section of The Guardian is really interesting

    ReplyDelete

5 Favourites

 Hi Fau Bloggers. Today I'm going to ask you to write about 5 favourites & why. The categories are: A song, a film, a piece of techn...